Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yumi & Fumi Handmade Crafts Challenge #1--ANYTHING GOES!

Grab our badge!
Happy Sunday everyone!! Today is a special day at the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog because TODAY starts the very first official challenge. The Yumi & Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog will be having bi-weekly challenges, and YES, there will be some prizes involved, HIP, HIP HOORAY!! :)

Prizes will be available during blog hops and challenges that start at the beginning of the month only. However, because this is the very first challenge, there is a prize up for grabs!!
The lucky winner will receive 1 Y&F Rubber Stamp of our choice!

Our challenge for the next two weeks is an easy one!

ANYTHING GOES!!

Since this is the very first challenge, you can use any image you want!! Told ya...EASY PEASY!!

But please take the time to review all of the challenge rules HERE to make sure you qualify (the rules are under "Challenge Info" at the top tab). You have until Saturday, September 1st, 11am PST to link up your new project (one entry per blog). We will pick one Prize Winner and 3 Top Picks.

Starting with the 2nd challenge on September 2nd, you WILL have to use a Yumi & Fumi Handmade or Sister Stamps image to qualify for the prize drawing.

Also, you'll definitely want to come like the Y&F Handmade Crafts Facebook Fan Page so you can stay up-to-date, get your challenge reminders, and share your creations!

For my big project today I decided to use the ever-versatile and adorable Fumi with Present!! I think her hair is so darn cute!! :)
Copics/Chalk:

Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Eyes: E39, E44
Hair: E47, E44
Kimono: R24, R27, R29, R37
Sash: Black, N8, N6
Gift/Shoes: YR24, YR23, YR21

For my project today I made a 12-Drawer Easel Card Dresser...say that 10 times fast, LOL! I made one of these a long, long time ago and when I started to make this one I realized why I haven't made them more often. They take quite a bit of time, patience and cardstock!! I hope to do a tutorial on it soon. I did add some instruction to my original post HERE.
I used black textured Bazzill Cardstock for the matchboxes/holders, side panels, and top/bottom panels. To give it some sturdiness I cut out 6x6 chipboard and covered it on both sides with the black cardstock to make the base and top panels. Then I made an Easel Card to sit on top of the top panel. The gold dp is from The Paper Studio. The flowery dp is actual some free digital paper I found online at the Canon site HERE.
The roses and black swirls are from Recollections. The ribbon came from my stash. The sentiment is from CTMH. It's hard to see it, but it says:
"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it the Present."
I thought it went perfectly with this stamp. :) I stamped it in Gold ink and then wrote over it with a Gold Sharpie Paint Pen to make it brighter and easier to see. The knobs are wooden ones from Hobby Lobby. I used my Gold Sharpie Paint Pen to color them and then glued them to the front of each matchbox.

Here's a back view so you can see that the drawers go all the way around....3 on each side.
Hope you enjoyed my project!! I'm finally getting settled into our new house. There's still lots of cleaning and unpacking to do, but at least I have some of the kitchen done so I can start cooking again!! My wonderful MIL is coming at the end of the month for 2 weeks to help me unpack and get organized. I can't wait!! I'll be back on another day to share house pics!

Don't forget, for a chance at the prize drawing be sure to link up your creations on the Y&F Handmade Crafts Blog (please provided a direct link to your project, not just to your blog).

We hope you have a great time creating and I can't wait to see what you do!!

Hugs!!
Rosie

4 comments:

cebelica said...

Heya girl! How do you like your new place so far? Have you choose which room will be your craft room yet? ;)
It's great that your MIL is coming to help you unpack, that's very nice of her!
I absolutely love your project (I loved the first one too :D). Perfect colours and those flowers and swirls are a perfect touch too.
Stunning project! Hugs! xx

eva said...

such a gorgeous piece! love it!

Leanne said...

Like is an understatement, this is amazing!! I remember how my jaw dropped when I saw it in person! I love it!! So much love and details went in to this and I can't say enough how much I love it. It's gorgeous Rosie, inside and out!!
;)

Rachel Parys said...

Ok, you totally blew me away with this project!!! WOW!! You have some crazy paper crafting skills! Great job!