Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspiration Monday-All Wired Up! (use Wire or Chain)

Happy Monday y'all! Hope you had a great weekend! We didn't do much this week....just lots of hanging at home together as a family. Sometimes those are the best weekends!

It's Monday and time for another La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Monday Challenge. This week our theme is:

ALL WIRED UP!
(use wire or chain on your project)

For my project I used one of the NEWLY RELEASED images called, Marci with Lantern. I'm loving this entire release!! If you haven't seen them yet, click HERE! I know I say I love every release, but this one may be my favorite! :)

Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Cheeks: Chalk
Lips: R22
Hair: Black 100, N6, N4
Outfit & Lantern: Paper-pieced & Stickles

I made a little gift box for my project inspired by this Whiff of Joy Tutorial HERE. The measurements are in cm, but I used inches to make my box. To make the lid I used a 4.50 inch square and scored 1/2 inch on each side. To make the base, I cut my square just a tad bit smaller than 4.50 inches so the lid slides easily on top. I used the largest die in SB Labels One for the top and bottom. It's a fairly thin box and would hold maybe a gift card or some jewelry.

The kraft cardstock is from Recollections. The dps are from ColorBok Fancy Fleur at Walmart. I love the purple, green and turquoise color combo of this paper pad! I even paper-pieced Marci's outfit and all the lanterns from this same paper pack and added lots of stickles! The chain is also from Walmart.

The lanterns in the corner and the sentiment are included with Marci with Lantern. I raised Marci, the lanterns, and sentiment on pop-dots.

Now, don't forget you can play along with us and upload your creations all month long to the LLLC Customer Gallery. At the end of the month, Irina will randomly draw a winner for a gift certificate to the LLLC Store.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

2 comments:

cebelica said...

These colours are really great and go together very well. Adorable little box!
Hugs! xx

Leanne said...

So kawaii!! Love the soft colors and her outfit is beautiful!
;)