Thursday, April 19, 2012

CropStop Challenge #66-Make Your Own Paper Lace

Happy Thursday y'all! Hope your week is going well. Just one more day and it's Friday...YIPPEE!

Today starts a new CropStop Challenge and the theme this week is:

MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER LACE

Before I get to my card, I wanted to remind you about our MONTHLY Challenge going on right now. You can view all the details on the CropStop Blog HERE. You have the entire month of April to create and link your project using the sketch for the opportunity to win Becky's Potpourri Die Set from Spellbinders. Just follow the rules and link your project by the challenge deadline.

Okay, now on to the nitty gritty.....I used this adorable La-La Land Crafts image called Marci with Bunny for my card and colored her with Copics.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11,
Hair: E49, E29, E25, E13
Headband: R81, R83, R85, Y11, Y15, Y21, G46, G02
Dress/Shoes: R81, R83, R85
Bunny: E33, E31, R20

I used the Martha Stewart Embroidered Floral Edge Punch to make the outside border. The dps from MME Fiddlesticks 6x6 pad have lace stamped throughout them. I distressed the edges of my paper with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and added pink lace ribbon over the center panel.

Then I made the frame around my sentiment using Spellbinders Lace Doily Motifs. The sentiment is from CTMH. I cut a green corner vine using Memory Box Madera Corner and layered various flowers on top. The pearls are from CTMH. And, of course, my go-to adhesive is Scor-tape.....I use it for everything!

Don't forget to link up your "paper lace" creations for a chance at a gift certificate to the CropStop Store! Have a great week and see you back here soon!

Hugs,
Rosie :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful coloring and gorgeous card, Rosie!
Hugs and smiles

cebelica said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Another awesome card. Great design and adorable image. Hugs! xx