Thursday, February 23, 2012

CropStop Challenge #59-Use at least 3 Flowers

How are y'all doing my friends? How's the week been going? Things on my end are going pretty good! The weather here in Oklahoma was rather chilly at the beginning of the week, but yesterday we had a glorious day in the 70s.....in February....this is so unheard of, but I'll take it!! I don't usually like it when it's really hot, but I do love it when the weather is in the 60s and 70s!! :)

This week's CropStop Challenge for you is:

Use at least 3 FLOWERS

If you know me that's not hard to do!! :) I LOVE adding flowers to my cards!! Since I have a little boy, most of my scrapbook pages don't get the frilly treatment like flowers and lace, but when I'm making cards I tend to go "girlie." :)

There are times when I'm running low on flowers and get kinda stingy with them, haha. I have tons of punches to actually make my own flowers, but who has the time, right?!? So I tend to buy them. A couple of weeks ago Michaels had a 50% off sale on their Recollection flowers so I was able to build back up again. I still need to place an online order for some fancier ones, but in the meantime I'll use what I have. :)

For this week's challenge I decided to use another Stampavie Tina Wenke stamp called "A Fairy Resting on a Mushroom." Did I tell you I got to meet Heidi from Stampavie in person at CHA? She's so NICE and her booth was adorable!! My friend, Jing (who is AWESOME) introduced me to lots of great people!

I also met a couple of the wonderful ladies from the CropStop DT, Katie and Calypso....HIYA GIRLS!!

Okay, back to my card......did I tell ya, I {heart} this little fairy? She's so adorable!! I colored the entire scene with Copics (chalk for her cheeks) and added Stardust Stickles to her wings. There were lots of colors on this one so I'm not going to list them all. Sometimes I just want to color without having to keep a long list of everything, KWIM?! If you have a question on the colors though, just ask me. :)

My gorgeous dps came from My Mind's Eye ROSY 6x6 pad.....I'm in love with MME paper too! The flowers & leaves are a combo of Recollections and Wild Orchid Crafts. The string of pearls are also from Recollections. The ribbon is from American Crafts and the BLISS ticket stub is Tim Holtz.

I hope you come over to the CropStop Blog and play along with us this week! We do a drawing each week for a gift certificate to the CropStop Store. And if you use my discount code on my sidebar, you'll get an additional 10% off your order!!

Have a great week and see ya back here soon!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

5 comments:

Tracy Valure said...

This came out so nice!! Your coloring is great, love the shading and deep colors! Just beautiful!

Hugs,
Tracy Valure

Leanne said...

This. Is. GORGEOUS!!! The coloring is phenomenal, and don't get me started on all the beautiful flowers and bling. Breathtaking job Rosie!
Have a nice weekend!
;)

cebelica said...

Just look at this cutie! Adorable! Fab card hun! xx

Anonymous said...

What a delightful image, beautiful card
hugs Julie P

Jonathandeai said...

Just look at this cutie! Adorable! Fab card hun! xx