Thursday, December 1, 2011

CropStop Challenge #48-Punches for the Holidays

First, I'd like to say a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my hubby!! Unfortunately, we both have to work today, but we'll do something small this evening and then have a big bash on Saturday. :)

Can you believe Christmas is just a few weeks away?!?!? I'm still trying to recover from Thanksgiving and now Christmas is knocking on my door. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but man it feels like this year the holidays came up sooooo fast! I still have so much to do and let me tell ya December is a CRAZY month for us. Between family and friends, we have 9 birthdays, can you say....What in the World?!? My husband and his 3 brothers, ME, my SIL's dad, and 4 friends.....WOWZERS! My hubby and I have a running joke that we have to ask people their birthdays before we allow them into our circle of friends, LOL!

Before I get to our challenge, I wanted to remind you that CropStop is having a Creative Team Call!! The term is for Feb. 1 - Aug. 1. You have until December 31st to enter your submissions! You can view all the details HERE!

This week's CropStop Challenge is:

Use your PUNCHES for the Holidays

I LOVE punches...so much so that I have a pretty big collection of them. :) I think it's because they are soooo easy to use and just add that extra special touch! I'm kind of simple that way. I like tools that are easy and non-complicated to use (which explains why my Cricut just sits in the corner gathering dust, LOL).

I decided to pull out my new Magnolia stamp called A Little Gift Tilda. I haven't worked with my Maggies in a while so I thought this would be the perfect time! She's stamped on Neenah Solar White Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. Then I added lots of Gold Stickles to her wings and dress. Stardust Stickles were added to the present and her bows. I think she turned out so pretty with the gold. :)

Coloring Medium: Copics
Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, R20
Hair: E29, E37, E33
Dress: R24, R27, R29, R89, Gold Stickles
Socks/Present: YG95, YG97, YG03, colorless blender

I used the Martha Stewart Holly Leaves Punch Around the Page set to create my card border (I don't see it in the store at the moment, but if you ask Haylie Jo she can let you know if she can get it). The bottom red paper trim was cut out using the Martha Stewart Deep Edge Skylands Snowflake punch....LOVE this design!! The dps are from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 pad. The doily behind Tilda is stamped with my Inkadinkado Script Stamp using Memento Rich Cocoa and then I rubbed Antique Linen Distress Ink over it.

The ribbon and gold rhinestones came from my stash. Here a side view so you can see the dimension. I raised Tilda up using pop-dots.

Now, head on over to the CropStop blog and link up your Christmas creations using your PUNCHES. Don't forget to read the rules on the side-bar to make sure you meet the requirements.

Have a great week and see ya back here next week!

Big hugs to all of you!
Rosie :)
Photobucket

15 comments:

cebelica said...

Awww, this is so cute! I love the little Tilda. I also like that you made her wings gold instead of white. Fab work as always! Hugs!

Paula said...

Beautiful!!! I love this holly border, I have not seen that before, but it is awesome on your card!! And then there is the most perfect Tilda...GORGEOUS!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

So pretty with the holly border and the fabulous choice of dp's. I love the gold glitter on Tilda's wings - a gorgeous card...hugs...Barb

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the details!

Anonymous said...

I love your little Tilda with her lovely gold wings, very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Christina C. said...

OMG....Rosie, she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the design of this card and, of course, Tilda is definitely the main focus.....beautifully colored angel!

Rene said...

Rosie this is gorgeous! Look at her dress! Those folds are awesome! And now I have to have that MS punch...I need to get a job! ;D
I applied to be part of the CropStop DT...wish me luck!!!
Rene :D

Kelly said...

Your card is really cute. I am terrible with punches so that is why I love the cricut cartridge I got from you. You did a amazing job around the card and I love the snowflake circles.

Peggie said...

She' gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Hey Rosie - your card is just as pretty as it can be!
Sandy

cathylynn said...

Rosie I love this card and your choice of punches are wonderful!
Beautiful all over!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

lvtaz2000 said...

What a gorgeous card!! Your coloring is truly wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Elle said...

OMG this is BEAUTIFUL! I love your coloring, your design, and your use of punches. Spectacular!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Belated happy birthday to your hubby!
Wonderful card! I just love it, Rosie!!! I wish I could have it. hehehe ;-)

Kathleen - Fellow CT member
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Beautiful card. The holly border is gorgeous!

Karen