Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Edwin Frames and Christmas at my Mom's

I've been MIA these past few weeks because we were visiting my mom in WA for the Christmas holiday, so I haven't been able to post anything. Where did the end of the year go? I still can't believe it's 2011 already. Let me tell ya, that last week before Christmas was a whirlwind for me. I was trying to finish up gifts for Isaiah's teachers and for the family. We have 4 family members with Dec. birthdays (including mine) and 3 friends. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! My husband always jokes about how I'm a huge procrastinator. But for some reason, my creative juices don't start flowing until I'm under pressure, LOL!

These were the last of the frames I made for Isaiah's teachers featuring Heartbreaker Edwin and Santa's Helper Edwin (you can read details on the frames, papers, flowers, etc. on the below posts....I used the same stuff). The flowers and poinsettias are from Prima and Recollections.

I also found an awesome tutorial for Fuzzy Sock Cupcakes here, so I made some to include with the frames for the teachers.

For Isaiah's classmates, I made Snowman Soup. The labels and ingredients for the snowman soup came from here. I soooooo wish I had the mini Snowy image from Magnolia....he would have been really cute on these packages! Next year though, he'll be on there!! I did include 2 mini candycanes in the "soup" mix, but you can't see them because they are on the backside of the package. My favorite find of the season was french vanilla snowman marshmallows...Yum!

Here are a few pictures of my mom's house. Her favorite holiday is Christmas...if you couldn't tell, haha. I'm always amazed at how she arranges all her decorations on her two trees and throughout the rooms of the house. Every year when I go home, I find she's added more to her collection. It always makes me smile to walk through her door during the holidays. The biggest bonus every year though is seeing my son's eyes light up....it's priceless. He gets so excited!

Santa in Entryway:

Staircase (at the top of the staircase is the snowman pictured above):

Carolers on the left side of formal living room:

Formal Living Room:

Christmas Tree in Family Room:

If you think the inside of her house is amazing, you should see the pics of her backyard that she landscaped with my dad's help. She designed it all and still maintains it all by herself (and she's in her 60s). I wish I had her green thumb. I can barely keep one plant alive....and let's not even talk about my flower beds, LOL!

I hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you all a fabulous and blessed new year!!

Love,
Rosemary :)

11 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

What a festive bunch of pictures to look at!! I enjoy looking at each of them. Thanks so much for sharing these Rosemary :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Regina said...

Wow! Your mom´s home was wonderful!
I´m very sure all of you had a great time there!!!
Your card is so beautiful and your coloring is great!

Regina

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow! How delightful, it looks like a house coming out of a Christmas story! I love all the decorations, this really put anyone in the ambiance of Christmas.
Your cards are lovely! Love both Edwins, Very nice paper mosaic.
Hugs. Danielle.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh wow! Your mom does Christmas up right!!! Your Cards and other projects are wonderfully done. Love the quilting effect on each card. Beautifully done...

Jane H said...

Wow your mom's place is beautiful!

Card Crazy said...

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful pictures. Awesome Victorian-style traditional Christmas. It's absolutely lovely and perfect in its detail.
Sue S.

Card Crazy said...

Got so carried away with your mom's Christmas, I forgot to say how lovely your frames and cupcakes are. Beautiful work.
Sue S.

Rene said...

First, what a gorgeous frame!!!
Second, WOW! Your mom really knows how to decorate for Christmas!
Rene :D

Sharon said...

NO WAYS..... wow. I just love the way you Americans dress up your homes for Christmas... this is fabulous. Maybe next time you can show the outside of your Mom's place too... love it! So nice and festive! She should become a Christmas Home Events Planner or something to that effect!!! lol

Shan said...

May I know where you got your Christmas Caroler Family set of four in your living room? I have been looking for a set but have not found one. Thank you

Unknown said...

nice images...

http://apppinch.blogspot.in/2014/05/christmas-frames-love-frames-new.html

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apppinch.christmasmultiframes&hl=en