Monday, August 23, 2010

Brandon's PAINTBALL Birthday Party!

My friend Amy threw her son Brandon an AWESOME paintball birthday party on Saturday. Now, I'm not a paintball kinda girl, so I took pictures on the sidelines. But my friend Amy was a real trooper and got down and dirty with the boys! They started on the easy, flat courses and then actually made their way into the woods. She was definitely a brave soul and even had some war wounds to show off at the end of it (those little paintballs hurt!!).

I decided for Brandon's birthday I would make him an Easel birthday card that was paintball related using Soldier Ian from The Greeting Farm. When I was on the Club Anya blog looking for inspiration I found they had this awesome Saturday Sketch to try out from "iheart2stamp" by Jen Del Muro.

I turned the sketch sideways and used this great camouflage paper (The Paper Studio) I found at Hobby Lobby.

The top DP with stars and orange DP are from the MVP Scrapbook Pad by We R Memory Keepers. I cut the orange DP using my Creative Memories circle cutter in various sizes. The paint splatters and SPLAT came from a clear acrylic stamp set called Splat from Recollections. I stamped them in Versamark and then added Close To My Heart embossing powder. The silver pearls in the corners are also from Recollections.

Currently, I don't have very many Copic markers. Until I build up my collection I've been experimenting with chalks. I have an older Stampin Up chalk set and did most of the shading on Soldier Ian with the chalks. I also added Liquid Glass (CTMH) to the goggle lenses and to Ian's boots. The edges of the khaki cardstock are distressed with Distress Ink (pine needles & black soot). Both the khaki cardstock and Ian are raised up on pop-dots.

For the Sentiment, I wrote out "Happy Birthday Brandon" using the brush end of a Versamark pen and added CTMH embossing powder. The orange DP was again cut out using my Creative Memories circle cutter and raised up using pop-dots. I also added embossed paint splatters to the camouflage DP.

My friend Amy and her family were very impressed with this card. I'm so glad they liked it because I worked really hard on it. My husband was surprised I parted with it! He said it's too bad there's not a quick way to clone it so I could have my own copy...my thoughts EXACTLY! LOL!

Happy Scrapping!

Rosemary :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH I made it on your blog! Whoo hoo...can I just say that I UH-DORE these amazing cards, they are framable art. I would have another kid JUST to get another card. The time and effort you spend is apparent...I LOVE to show these off to friends and family and discuss the detail and the amazing work that was done. Thank you for making these special keepsakes...they mean so much!

Muah,
Amy~ the terrible looking girl in the pic :o)

Anonymous said...

This is so creative and clever! Love it!
~Pam L.

zerry ht said...

Love this paintball birthday party. I bet that all the kids enjoyed this day to the fullest. Thanks for the pictures my friend. My niece is also going to turn 8 in Feb and we all are going to host such an interesting party for her at some rental Seattle venues for kids’ parties.